I am so honored and blessed to be nominated for the Liebster Award 2017! This nomination comes from Jaime at Its Blogical. She is super sweet. She is also a mother of three children and she still looks amazing! I don't have children and I am just tired running around with my dog! ^_^ She also has the best tips and articles on travel and yummy recipes!
Thank you so much, Jaime, for the nomination. I really appreciate it!! It is my readers and fellow bloggers like you and your nomination that keeps me going, knowing that hard work and dedication is appreciated and doesn’t go unnoticed.
A Little Bit About Me, your Liebster Award 2017 Nominee
1. I studied Archaeology (I have an associate degree in that field) for two years and during that time I traveled quite a bit, studying out in the field. Sorry folks, it's not like the life of Indiana Jones. However, I did have a teacher who absolutely hated snakes! It was very fun and I miss the adventures sometimes!
2. I went to Southern Oregon University for my bachelors. I met my now husband there. In a bar of all places! We were going to an acquaintance's 21st birthday party. What is funny is that we both don't drink very much at all but I guess we both felt obligated to go. So I guess it worked out for the better!
3. I use to have a fashion blog and wrote for an online fashion magazine for 5 years back in my college days. I am not much of a fashionista anymore. I dress more minimally and modest now. It's interesting how our hobbies change!
4. I was baptized Catholic and was brought up in the Catholic church as a child. When my parents divorced I went to Luthern church with my dad sometimes. But we didn't go regularly. I lost my faith in Christ in my 20s. I now have renewed my faith and am very blessed to have him back in my life. :)
5. I am very passionate about animal rights and conservation. I actively promote conservation and put an effort to support organizations that conserve wildlife. I adopted my little furbaby, Fred when he was 2 years old. I continuously promote adoption over purchasing in my community.
6. With that, I am a vegetarian. I have been vegetarian for about 3 years now. I was pescetarian before that for 2 years. So I would say I haven't really eaten meat for 5 years! I was vegan for about 2 yrs. I still don't eat dairy but I do eat eggs.
7. My dream one day would be to live in the Scottish highlands or British countryside in a small little cottage with lots of little dogs. I am not sure what I would do out there to make money but I am trusting God that if it does happen, that he has a plan for me. :)
My Liebster Award 2017 Nomination Questions
How many US States have you visited and which one did you like the most?
25 States. Oregon. I lived there for 5 years. I miss its beauty and 4 seasons!
What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
Chocolate with peanut butter.
What would you consider to be your blog niche?
Books. More specifically on Christian fiction and historical fiction.
Do you prefer to read the book or watch the movie and why?
Depends on the subject. Some genres I don't typically read but I will watch the movie. For example, I have never read Lord of the Rings, but I do enjoy watching the movies.
When do you find time to blog?
I work full-time so I generally blog over the weekend and during the evenings. I usually reserve an hour each evening for social media marketing.
Why did you decide to start a blog?
I decided to start my blog because I love reading. It's a form of therapy for me. Ever since I was a little girl, I always remember reading some kind of book. I remember watching Beauty and Beast and thinking, I want a library like that someday! I also want to share my faith in Christ by sharing Christian fiction books. It definitely helps me understand his message better when reading a story about it.
What has been your favorite vacation and why?
This is a tie between my honeymoon and Scotland. My honeymoon will always hold a special place in my heart. But Scotland stole my heart as well. I absolutely fell in love with the culture, scenery, food, history, and everything over in Scotland. When I was there, I felt right at home. It was very hard for me to leave. I could definitely see myself living there one day!
If you could give someone $1,000,000 who would you give it to?
I would give it to a charity called African Wildlife Foundation, that protects wildlife and promotes African wildlife conservation. Besides reading, wildlife conservation is very near and dear to me. It's something I promote and educate regularly in my everyday life. I absolutely love animals, and it breaks my heart that the beautiful animals God created are poached every day for their tusks, hide, etc.
How has traveling changed your life?
Traveling has opened my eyes to so many different cultures, lifestyles, and just different people in general. It has shown that even though we look and speak differently, we all want the same thing- happiness and to be loved.
What has been your greatest accomplishment?
My biggest accomplishment? It's very personal to me, so I won't go much into it until I am ready. Thank you for your understanding.
What is your favorite blog post made by you, and why?
Probably the book review on The Nightingale. It's a story of perseverance and doing anything for the ones you love. It's heartbreaking and a very emotional story but I loved it.
My Liebster Award 2017 Nominees
Molly - The Sassy Southern. Molly is so adorable. She has the sweetest personality and the best advice on party planning. Did I mention she has the most awesome Pinterest account? So much awesome and inspiring content to repin and share! If you need help with party planning, wedding advice, home decor, and DIY, check out Molly. You won't be disappointed!
Melissa- Humble Faith Family Wellness. Melissa is amazing everyone. She offers advice on the sticky situations in our life. From relationships, mental illness, and many other sensitive topics. Her blog is focused around helping people with Christ in mind. I absolutely love that. I think more awareness needs to be put on topics like these and I am glad Melissa is doing just that.
Kelly- Hope in the Chaos. Kelly is one to admire. She homeschools children. Yep, I don't know if I could do that one. ^_^ I absolutely love Kelly's blog. You also need to subscribe to her 5 day- devotional everyone! She really knows how to apply God's word to our modern day life, and help us understand his word better. She also covers topics that we all need help on such as learning how to be more patient, and faith-based topics. :)
Lindy - This Beautiful Ride. First off, her baby is just the cutest. Such an adorable family! She writes weekly on various faith-based topics and living the life of a farmer's wife. What I enjoy about Lindy's blog is that she is very honest about life and who she is. I admire that. I enjoy reading little snippets of her life and I know you will too!
My Questions for Nominees
- Given the choice of anyone in the world whom would you want as a dinner guest and why?
- For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
- If travel was something everyone did as a rite of passage growing up where would you recommend they go and why? (one country only)
- What would be the best travel memory to have and how does it compare to what you have?
- Give a tip for other bloggers or potential blog starters:
- What is your favorite dish?
- Would you ever travel the world in a camper van?
- Give a travel tip for travelers.
- What do you think of selfie sticks?
- When you have a writer’s block what do you do to work it out?
- Who you gonna’ call?
Thank you again to Jaime for nominating me! I hope you learned a little more about me. I also hope you go check out the ladies above in the nomination section.
Also, have a blessed and delicious Thanksgiving dinner! I won't be eating turkey but I will be eating all the sides! ;)